Keep in mind that the sq footage of a garage is always added to the sq footage of the habitable areas of the home.
Do I Really Need My Garage Inspected?
- The garage is the best place to inspect the foundation, as it is mostly well covered with carpet and tile elsewhere.
- The water heater is often located here, and needs to be inspected.
- Most fires begin in the garage and the wall and door to the house must be fire-rated.
- The door to the garage must be automatic-closing with a latch.
- Garage anti-suicide vents must be inspected.
- Safety reverses on automatic garage doors must be looked.